RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to
provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish
minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall
govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these
events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these
rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM
PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS.
They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in
no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant,
spectator, or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and
appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or
impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinions do not
alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF
SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is
left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
BATESVILLE MOTOR SPEEDWAY STREET STOCK RULES – 2015
*BMS will use RACEceivers in 2015 and will be MANDATORY for all
1. Street Stock weight rule is 3000 lbs with driver after race.
2. Any American production make or model car or truck from 1967
to current year.
3. Any uni-body cars must have center supports welded to
connect front and rear frame.
4. No square bodies and no chopped tops. Tops must be stock.
Must be a minimum of 14 inch window opening.
5. Minimum wheel base 99 inches.
6. Wheel base must remain stock according to year model. No
more than one inch difference from side to side.
7. All bodies must remain stock appearing .
8. All glass, chrome and trim must be removed. All flammables
9 Windshields must be replaced with protective screen and have 3
small bars in front of driver.
10. All cars must have bumpers front and rear. Tow hooks
mandatory on front and rear of car or truck.
Center of bumper or loop bar
must be 20 inches maximum.
11. All doors must be welded shut. Must have stock firewall and
stock floor pan to rear end yoke.
12. Bars may be added, front and rear to protect radiator and
13. All cars must have radiators in engine compartment
14. Engine setback: No.1 plug must be no further back than ball
15. All cars must use 2-barrel carburetors.
16. No more than 500 CFM maximum 1 11/16” throttle bore maximum.
17. Holleys ok, headers ok, any battery, any fire distributor
or stock intakes. Any aluminum intake. NO aluminum heads. No
18. Manual fuel pump only. No electric fuel pump.
19. All cars must have gas tanks of heavy duty construction and
must be securely fastened to the frame in the trunk of the car. A
rear fire wall is required between the driver compartment and the
20. Cars must have working clutch and transmission. Clutch must
be on crankshaft.
21. No Bert or after market transmission.
22. Front shocks must be in stock position and stock
mounted. Racing shocks are allowed.
23. Tubular A-Frames are allowed., Lower must be stock and in
24. No weight jacks, no torque absorbing devices and no double
25.. Rear ends may be locked. May use Ford in Chevy, etc.
Suspension must remain in stock position. *Stock length trailing
arms with stock bushings. *Trailing arm brackets on frame must be
stock and in stock location.
26. Asphalt pull-off tires. Right rear bead lock optional.
27. Steel wheels mandatory. 10 inch wheel maximum. Large
steel lug nuts on all 4 wheels. No mud plugs.
28. Drive shafts must be painted white and have a hoop around
front end of shaft.
29. All cars must have at least 24 inch numbers on both sides and
30. A full 4 post roll cage is required. Roll cage must be cross
braced with a minimum of 3 bars in both doors RECOMMENDED but X bar
ok in right door. Cage must be minimum of 1 ˝ inch pipe of .095
thickness. Cage must be cross braced in top with X braces. Must
have original floor pan.
31. All cars must be equipped with racing type seat belts that are
safety approved. All belts must be securely fastened to the frame
and roll cage. All drivers must wear safety approved fire suits and
helmets. All cars must have a fire extinguisher within reach of
32. Any Aluminum intake
33. All cars may use stock spoilers for their year model car
or a 4 inch fabricated spoiler. Side panels can only be 6
inch long and no higher than the spoiler. *maximum height from
top of spoiler to ground should be 44 inches. Monte Carlo deck
height maximum is 40 inches from ground. All trucks maximum
height from top of spoiler to ground should be 46 inches. No
floppers or fender skirts on front- end like late models. Tire must
remain visible outside of body.
34. All cars subject to track official’s approval